Tuesday, May 27, 2008

June 14 is World Wide Knit in Public Day (WWKiP)

There are a lot of things my Mom told me never to do in public. Knitting was not on the list. So I'm happy to report that I'm planning to participate in WWKiP on June 14.

If you don't know about WWKiP, you might want to check out the web site. Apparently, the whole thing began in 2005 and has now spread to over 200 locations in several countries including Australia, Canada, China, England, Finland, France, Ireland, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, United States.

Our local WWKiP is being held at Easton Town Center near the fountains. Now, I'm not entirely certain which fountains because there are a couple, but I think it might be the ones near my favourite restaurant, Brio. (The best carpaccio in Columbus...if you're into eating uncooked meat. After working in the corporate world for about 30 years, I've grown accustomed to devouring raw flesh.)

If it's not there, I'll just perk up my ears and follow the sound of clicking needles, ladies laughing, and passers by exclaiming, "Wow! That looks like fun. I think I'll try it."

If you're planning to visit Columbus to participate in our WWKiP, and you'd like to visit Yarnmarket, let us know. We love visitors. And we promise not to eat 'em.

No comments: