Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ahhhh...autumn with Berroco.

Or should I say "fall"? People often ask me if I'm British when I use the term "autumn." In Canada, we're a hybrid of British and American culture (and every other culture in the world!) so we use both terms.

But I digress...as I so often do!

The autumn yarns and patterns are arriving on a daily basis and I'm really excited about the new styles. For instance, I like the part where we're not supposed to wear belly shirts anymore. Belly shirts aren't good for anyone over...oh...47 pounds. And I really like the "Renaissance" looks that are coming into vogue.

To help you create the new winter/fall fashions, Berroco has offered some fantastic new yarns.

Two new bulkier yarns are Berroco Peruvia Quick of 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. It's a two-ply yarn that will knit up quickly. It's available in 13 scrumptious colors.

This is Berroco Peruvia Quick.








This is Berroco Cuzco. Cuzco is another two ply that comes from Peru. It felts up beautifully.








If you're allergic to wool (like the devastatingly handsome John Barrowman of Torchwood, according to a knowledgeable Raveller who'd like to knit him some socks), you might want to try the soft and non-allergenic Berroco Comfort in super fine nylon and super fine acrylic. This yarn comes in about a gazillion shades -- solids and prints.








Oh, in case you don't know him, Barrowman's the guy in the middle of this photo from the BBC site. No single man should be allowed to look this good. I'm glad Alex doesn't look like this. If he did, he wouldn't want a wife who looks like me. Come to think of it, he wouldn't want a wife at all!

Lastly, but not leastly, Berroco Geode is a pretty wool/acrylic blend from Italy. It's auto-striping, and has lots of great, easy-to-make patterns.

I guess that's about it for our latest acquisitions from Berroco. Many thanks to Warren Wheelock and his team for coming up with some wonderful yarns and patterns for the upcoming season!

No comments: