Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wooohooo! Kirsten is now a California Cow

I can't believe I'm actually happy about this. But tonight I saw a TV commercial announcing the Kirsten the Canadian cow was selected to be a California cow. I was so glad I phoned my Dad...who, I'm ashamed to say, wasn't even aware of the competition. Oh, Father!!!

Anyway, thanks to all of you who voted for Kirsten. She's warm now. If you'd like to have some fun you might want to visit the California cow website to see the English-Canadian translations. I just about choked myself to death laughing when I read the Canadian translation for "kitten."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo excited that Kirsten won also!! My granddaughter is a Kirsten, and I was soooo hoping she would win. When I saw the date the CA Cow Winner was going to be announced, I knew Kirsten had won. It was the day after my Kirsten's Bday!! Thanks to all you caring animal lovers that saved Canadian Kirsten from that horrid cold!! My Kirsten is tickled pink that her namesake is "famous"..Ha!Ha!