Sunday, May 9, 2010

Congratulations to the winners of our Mother's Day Contest!

I was so touched by the stories knitters wrote about their mothers that I had a really difficult time determining a winner. I read about Moms who've overcome hardships and illnesses, Moms whose determination helped build character in their daughters, creative Moms who passed down their talents to their daughters and a troubled Mom whose legacy is a child who has become a wonderful mother herself.

How can you select just one when offered such choices...with beautiful stories written from the heart?

It was so difficult that I decided to ask Alex if I can award more than one prize. Because he's a sweety, he agreed.

So I'm happy to announce that a $50 Gift Certificate will be awarded to Frances.

Debd94, Nikki, Mary Le Master, Kim Ventura, Nanamammah and Ninja Ryder will each receive a Yarnmarket Gift Certificate for $20. Please send me your email addresses (to deborah at yarnmarket dot com) and I'll send your prizes right away.

I hope this makes your Mother's Day even nicer for you than it's already been.

And before I go, I want to say an extra special "Happy Mother's Day" to my own Mom who gave me so much. I know today has been particularly difficult for her because we lost my older brother less than two years ago. He was always at her door on Mother's Day with card and a big bouquet of flowers.

John, I sent Mom a big bouquet. I'm sure she knows they were really from you.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I knew you had an impossible task with this contest -- thank you so much for your generous solution! I lost my sister several years ago and I know today can be so hard for our mothers...The older we get, the more complicated simple celebrations become!

Anyway, I'm going to use my gift certificate to knit a brown scarf for my daughter, hopefully a little more elegant than the one I made for my mom all those years ago!

Thanks again!

Mary said...

THANKS FOR BEING SO GENEROUS!!!