Monday, May 10, 2010

Garden of Eden...in Caledon Hills

Over the weekend, my Mom sent this photo of her backyard and I thought I'd share it with you. She works so hard to create beautiful gardens for her wild turkeys, chipmunks and squirrels.

They said on the documentary Earth that animals have an appreciation for aesthetics. Flowers are colorful and fragrant so they'll attract bees. If this is true -- and it must be -- then it's little wonder that animals flock to my mother's backyard.

Oh, the black rectangle in the foreground at the top is a bird feeder. It's usually covered in pretty yellow finches.

3 comments:

JD said...

Absolutely enchanting! I would love to look at that beautiful sight every day!

~Jan (in Caledonia)

Laurie said...

Beautiful garden!

KatJobson said...

Wow your mom has an absolutely beautiful back yard. Thanks for sharing the photo. She must love gardening.