Friday, July 30, 2010

Crystal Palace Cotton Twirl is a new classic!

If you're like me, you love the feel of cotton. There's something about crisp cotton sheets...a starched white shirt...comfortable cotton socks. Enormous cotton "Grandma" underpants. They just feel good. I'm one of those people who watches the TV commercials for cotton and says, "Yeah...cotton. The fabric of my life."

When I saw -- and felt -- the new Crystal Palace Cotton Twirl I was in seventh heaven. It's cotton with 10% elastic...which I think makes a great combination. Durable. And holds its shape. It has a distinctive texture that provides good stitch definition. Cotton Twirl comes in both solids and prints.

I'm glad to see that yarn reviewer, Barbara Rottman, agrees with me on this one. She gave Crystal Palace Cotton Twirl great marks in her recent review in Knitch Magazine. Barbara suggests you use in for baby wear, summery tops, and comfy scarves.

A ball of this yarn starts at just $4.75 for the solid in a 50 gram ball. If you're looking for cotton that has great elasticity be sure to give this one a try.

No comments: