Monday, August 16, 2010

Who says nothing exciting ever happens at a yarn shop?

When I arrived in the office this morning, Michele and Stefanie were laughing so hard they could barely even speak. The first thing I thought was, "Gee...I didn't think I looked THAT bad."

When they could finally spit out a few coherent words, they told me that there's a couple outside in a car...and they're...well...we try to run a G-rated blog here so I won't tell you what Stef and Michele told me that couple was doing.

As honest as I think Stef and Michele might be, I didn't believe them. So I walked outside myself and had a look.

Well, heavens to mergatroid! There they were in broad daylight, at 10:00 a.m., at a yarn shop, testing the shock absorbers on their Mustang.

Now, as all of you know, I'm a nature lover. So I pulled out my telephone and took a photograph. (And to think that Alex kept asking me, "Why do you want a camera on your phone?!")

After what seemed an eternity (because I'm a very old lady) the couple poked their heads up, saw me waving to them, and high-tailed it out of here as quickly as they could.

I thought I'd share this story with you because I can't tell you how many times I'm asked, "Does anything exciting ever happen at Yarnmarket?"

The answer is: Yes. It does. And when it does, I'm ready with my camera phone to capture it for all eternity.

UPDATE:
Alex refuses to let me change our slogan to:

Yarnmarket
The world's most romantic yarn shop.

9 comments:

Grace said...

maybe if they wind up expecting they can name the baby PURL

Deborah Knight said...

What a great idea!

I think the young man dropped a stitch when he saw me standing there, waving at him.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I moved to the right community!

--Judy

Deborah Knight said...

I can't tell you how many times Alex and I have driven along Hill Road when -- suddenly -- I beg him to pull over so I can make mad passionate love to him. There's something about seeing the Tractor Supply Company store right next to the Japanese Steak House that brings out the animal in me.

All I can say is that when you drive by the corner of Hill Road and Stonecreek, and you see a small green car parked in front of the bank, close your eyes!

I think I've come up with a new slogan that I'll have to send to the mayor:

What happens in Pickerington stays in Pickerington...until we can put it on the Internet.

Laurie said...

Only in Franklin County...or wait...are you across the line in Fairfield???

I used to see a couple who did this daily at a city park in Worthington, right in plain view of the whole world, while kids played on swingsets not twenty yards away.

Love your slogan!

Deborah Knight said...

We're in Fairfield. Boy, I wonder if the couple in Worthington have decided to look for greener pastures...or grayer concrete?

Hey, Fairfield claims the violet as its flower. How about this slogan:

Fairfield County
Come for the sex. Stay for the violets.

LissaK said...

You had me in giggle fits this morning at work. Now it is the end of the day and I had to read it again. LOL

You know it must be the wool fumes. It makes people do weird and crazy things.

Namastefarms said...

I am so happy you posted this. I always thought it was embarrassing when I have people to my farm, and, as I am talking, the goats are getting "romantic." It is funnier (and more unexpected) when it is at your business and in the day. Oh, too be young again(and I'm fairly sure they must be!).

Deborah Knight said...

I figure they had to be really young and in great shape to manage those acrobatics in a Mustang! I'd need something the size of an ambulance...complete with respirator and defibrallator.