Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Watch Natalie straddle a goat and take off its clothes. This is how Namaste Farms yarns are created.

Well, I've seen a lot of stuff in my life. The Beatles perform at Maple Leaf Gardens. The Queen waving at us during her birthday procession in London. The Pope riding down Avenue Road in Toronto. Double rainbows over the New Zealand dessert. An eerily silent space shuttle landing right in front of us at Edwards Air Force Base. And Alex Nikifortchuk wearing a suit at a ballet performance.

But I've never seen anything like this.

In her newest videos, Natalie shows us how she gets the beautiful fibers from her angora goats. I have to tell you, I was on the edge of my seat watching as she used her clippers around all the tender areas. In the end, Natalie had a very happy goat who was better dressed for the warm California weather. And she had oodles of fiber to spin into new Namaste Farms yarns for Yarnmarket shoppers.

I've got to admit that a few things really struck me in this video. First of all, a 120-pound woman handling a great, big goat...and doing it gently but firmly. Secondly, the gorgeous fleece as it accumulated on the floor. And then, Natalie's muscles. I'm starting to think I need a work vacation at Namaste Farms so I can get into shape.

If you haven't seen Natalie's other videos, be sure to make time for them. You'll learn a lot about how she raises such superior quality animals that produce her fabulous yarns.

No comments: